- 8th February
- 20th January
Since I don’t have a camera handy (and I’m particularly lazy), IF I were to create a “Shit NY Single Women Say,” these are the phrases I’d make sure to feature. I hear them regularly.
- I’m not ready to get into a serious relationship just yet. I’m 37.
- You can’t meet anyone good at a bar.
- Let’s go meet hot guys at the bar.
- All the good ones are gay, married, or Republican.
- I don’t do online dating.
- I don’t date above 14th street. (Said by girl who lives in Bensonhurst.)
- "What do you do?" "I’m a matchmaker." "I don’t need a matchmaker." "I didn’t ask."
- "What does he do?" "He’s a teacher." "Ugh! He cannot afford me."
- I never read Craigslist’s Missed Connections until this one time…
- Does he have a house in the Hamptons?
- He must make over $200K. No exceptions.
- Who says I can’t have kids at 48?
- 5th October
I’ll be hosting Dinner with Strangers tomorrow night at Ethos Gallery 51. If you’d like to join us, make sure to be at Ethos (First Ave & E. 51st St) at 7pm. Make sure to ask the hostess to direct you to Maria’s table.
Can’t make it this week? We’ll be hosting Dinner with Strangers every first Thursday of the month. Same place. Same time. :-)
- 28th September